Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Transition

College. What a daunting word. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm uber excited for the entire experience. In fact, there are many occasions at which college seems too far away (e.g. when I have a ten-page senior thesis due... then again, I'll have plenty of those in college). But when it gets down to it, the transition from high school to college is bittersweet. There are few that can argue the other way (successfully).

This year (so far) has been so wonderful. It makes me smile when I think about all of the beautiful people in my life. My days, because of them, consist of endless strings of laughter and a smile as constant as the stars. They all know who they are. One thing I should note is that, this year, I've made so many more friends and I'm very happy that I decided to immerse myself in so many different activities and events.

I've learned a lot about, well, everything. My teachers teach me formulas and dates, but, more than that, they teach me about life. I'm extremely blessed to know so many extraordinary people. They don't realize how influential they are in the lives of their students.

Then, I think about college. I'm going to get a roommate (ahhhhhh). I'm going to have demanding classes (good-bye, senioritis). I'm not going to have my mom nearby (gosh, what am I going to do when I need a hug?). But I'm going to meet new, interesting people. I'm going to go to new, interesting places. I'm going to learn new, interesting things. So, chances are, that I'll get by. After all, Mommy and Daddy are just a phone-call (or Skype-call) away.

No comments:

Post a Comment