Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fort Myers and Fifteen (Part Three)

"I found something for you today." That was a text I received back up in my room. And then, "Leave your room, take the elevator down to the ground level, step out, and grab what's on top of the black box in front of you." Black box? What did he mean? I was eager to go retrieve my surprise, but I had to wait until morning. The next day I went downstairs, stepped out of the elevator, and there, on top of a black power supply box, was a seashell. I took it and placed it in my pocket. It stayed there all day long. I kept rolling it over in my hand, feeling all of the ridges and edges. It was such an endearing gift. It made me smile.

My parents decided to go to shopping outlets that evening and, of course, I was dragged there. That night it was much colder than I had anticipated and my light sweater did little, if anything, to shield my skin from a chilly breeze. We went into a couple stores and I picked out one or two things. After that, we ate a delicious dinner at an Italian restaurant in the shopping center. But I kept glancing at my phone or asking my parents what time it was. I was in a hurry to get back. Zach was waiting for me.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment