Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thank You, My God

I don't know who to thank, what to blame, but I'm happy. I walk the streets of this teeny tiny town and have a happy-go-lucky feeling that I know no one can take away. The blue skies, the puffy white clouds, the crystal clear water slipping over my feet as I sit on the rocks overlooking the lake. It's all picturesque and perfect. I'm greeted with smiles and compliments, and those head-turns that fill me to the brim with confidence. And then there's him. He multiplies this invulnerability, these flawless moments, by a million.
I hadn't been able to write songs for a while. I guess my heart wasn't in it. It didn't have stories to tell or beauty to show. But as soon as he entered the scene, my heart kicked in and now words tumble out of me, out of my soul, into a blank storybook, empty pages of my memory, just waiting for the right character. Now that he's here, we're writing a story together. Two heads are better than one, and in the end, this story will be a bestseller. The chapters will be so beautiful that I'll run them through my mind day after day and even as I sleep. I'll dream of him. Of us.
Oh, Lordy, thank you, my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment